EWR’s second non-statutory consultation opens today - share your views by 9 June 2021
EWR’s second non-statutory consultation opens today
Today we are launching the next stage of public consultation on the East West Rail Project. The comments and ideas received will feed into the design, construction and operation of this once in a generation opportunity to provide frequent, fast and reliable rail links for communities between Oxford, Milton Keynes, Bedford and Cambridge, connecting people with the things that matter most to them.
Key areas of focus for the consultation include:
- How we could improve Oxford Station and its supporting infrastructure - including Oxford Parkway and Bicester Village stations
- Options for avoiding lengthy periods of delays at the London Road level crossing, Bicester
- How to ensure that communities around Bletchley and the Marston Vale Line get the most from East West Rail
- Options for new stations at Bedford, to support regeneration in the town centre, as well as at Bedford Saint Johns and their supporting infrastructure
- Five route alignment options for the section of East West Rail between Bedford and Cambridge, with an emerging preference for alignments via Cambourne North
- Opportunities to improve the experience for customers such as better facilities both at stations and onboard the train
- We are passionate about developing a railway that best serves people living and working between Oxford, Milton Keynes, Bedford and Cambridge, so please get involved with the consultation and help us create the right railway for your community, to connect you with the things that really matter.
Please visit our consultation page to learn more about our proposals, where you will find information on each section of the consultation, including a full list of documents and maps. You can do so by selecting the blue button below.
How to respond to this consultation
You can share your views using the online feedback form available here, by emailing your comments to us at [email protected] or writing to us via FREEPOST East West Rail.
Alternatively, you can request a paper copy of the feedback form to be sent to you by emailing us at [email protected] or by calling us on 0330 134 0067.
The closing date for the consultation is 9 June 2021.