We’re creating a railway that works for all the people and places it will serve.
All of us should be able to benefit from intuitive, safe and simple transport and we know that when services are genuinely inclusive, everyone gets a better experience.
That’s why we’re committed to putting people at the heart of East West Rail right from the start, and we’re dedicated to setting new standards for customer experience.
Creating a railway that works for everyone
We’re developing new standards and approaches to create a culture that recognises and values inclusivity for our customers, our supply chain, our team, and the communities we serve.
Inclusivity includes physical and mobility needs, mental wellbeing and neurodiversity, assessing where we can remove barriers for customers.
- We will ensure that all stages of the project are inclusive, from consultation through to construction and, ultimately, operation.
- We will actively look for ways to make your stations, trains and digital services and experiences inclusive for all.
- We will work with local communities, and consult with user groups, to ensure East West Rail is a railway for everyone.
- We will create a workplace of mutual trust and respect. Our team, our customers and our stakeholders must all feel welcome, without exception.
- We will set goals, track our progress, and continuously evaluate to ensure that East West Rail is inclusive for all.
Developing accessibility and inclusion
We’re currently developing an Inclusion Strategy which will formally embed inclusion across our organisation and into our programme. Our commitments (listed above) will be used to build practical guidance in order to inform our decision making. We recognise that we’re at the beginning of this journey, which is why we welcome all comments to help shape the path we take.
We want to continue to increase our understanding of the needs of our communities and customers. This is a unique opportunity for you, as future customers, to share what makes good customer experience and your views on accessibility and inclusion. We’ll take all your responses into consideration as we design East West Rail for everyone.
To discover more about accessibility, inclusion and the UK government’s approach to an inclusive transport system, please find further reading available here.
We look forward to sharing our Inclusion Strategy with you in the not too distant future.