East West Railway Company seeking specialist delivery partners: Prior Information Notice (PIN) published
East West Railway Company this week published a prior information notice (PIN) seeking specialist partners in delivering the development phase of East West Rail’s Central Section, a new rail line which will connect Bedford and Cambridge, due to complete in the 2020s. This work is supported by the government who re-stated its commitment to accelerate the delivery of the central section in the 2018 budget, announcing £20 million for the East West Railway Company to develop a Strategic Outline Business Case (SOBC).
Organisations with technical expertise in a range of areas including project management, engineering design and rail systems are invited to register their interest for an engagement session to be held in February.
Simon Blanchflower, East West Railway Company’s Chief Executive said
“We want to hear from organisations with wide-ranging expertise and experience, who want to work with East West Rail to drive this crucial infrastructure project forward. It’s a unique opportunity to be involved in shaping the project from the outset. This is not the “same old” approach - we want to build lasting partnerships and a motivated supply chain who will together help us deliver this exciting new railway line."
"Today we are kicking off genuine engagement with the market – not just briefing them on our plans but listening to them about how we can best unlock their expertise to support our project. We are determined to learn the lessons of the past and harness new innovations for the future.”
Interested parties are recommended to visit the East West Railway Company’s website and navigate to the “opportunities” section www.eastwestrail.co.uk/opportunities#for-business to register interest and read more about the organisation’s approach to partner organisations.
----------------------------------- ENDS --------------------------------------
NOTES TO EDITORS:
- The Prior Information Notification (PIN) can be viewed here
- East West Rail is creating a new direct connection between Oxford and Cambridge, and beyond. Serving communities across the area, it will bring faster journey times and lower transport costs as well as easing pressure on local roads.
- East West Railway Company (EWR Co.)’s role is to oversee and accelerate delivery of East West Rail.
- EWR Co. was set up by the Secretary of State for Transport in 2017 to innovate and challenge the status-quo, leading to quicker and more cost-effective project delivery, and an improved experience for passengers and the communities we serve.
- The East West Rail line is being built progressively in sections:
- Western Section: Western Section Phase 1 (Oxford to Bicester) and Phase 2 (Bicester to Milton Keynes/Bedford and Aylesbury to Milton Keynes); With phase one between Oxford and Bicester already complete, phase two will see major track and signalling upgrades extending services from Oxford to Bedford and Milton Keynes to Aylesbury. These works include the reinstatement of the Varsity line between Bletchley and Claydon Junction, a mothballed section of railway closed since the 1960s.
- Central Section: Bedford to Cambridge. a new line will be built - expected to be completed in the 2020s. The exact route has not been decided and we are due to consult on this in 2019.
- EWR Co. is working closely with Network Rail and the East West Rail Alliance to deliver the Western Section between Oxford and Bedford, while leading the development of the Central section between Bedford and Cambridge.
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
- Press team: 07977 428 017
- [email protected]