East West Railway Company has published a Prior Information Notice (PIN) procuring technical and management resources to support the scheme development phase of the programme to build a new railway between Oxford and Cambridge.
This will include preliminary engineering and systems design, environmental assessment and management of the statutory processes - including stakeholder consultation.
East West Railway Company is intending to engage with the market and assess the appetite for providing services to East West Railway Company prior to launching a procurement programme in the autumn this year.
Simon Blanchflower CBE, Chief Executive, East West Railway Company said: “We want to work with a partner who shares our passion for innovation and will work with us to deliver the right railway for the communities living and working between Oxford, Milton Keynes, Bedford and Cambridge.
“This is an exciting time to be part of the East West Rail project as we continue with preparation and design of key sections of the railway. The right partner will help us to continue our work in a way which protects and enhances the local environment and heritage, and minimises disruption to local communities.”
East West Railway Company will be hosting a market engagement event in the near future for an informal discussion with interested companies. To register interest, companies can email [email protected].
Notes to editors
To view East West Railway Company’s procurement policy, click here.
About East West Rail
East West Rail is a proposed new rail link under development which would connect communities between Oxford, Cambridge, Bedford and Milton Keynes, creating new opportunities for people right across the area by;
- Making it cheaper and quicker to get around the area – connecting people to their jobs, homes and families, as well as businesses to their employees, suppliers and customers.
- Supporting new housing to make it more affordable and help people’s money go further - so people could afford to live and work in the area, and businesses can afford to create more jobs and increase productivity.
As well as improving quality of life for people locally, it would help businesses to become more competitive and productive so they can take advantage of the world-class opportunities the area offers by;
- Making places more appealing for people wanting to start and grow businesses – attracting and retaining the best talent in the region, while encouraging new investment to support the economy.
- Spreading prosperity across the UK - creating growth for towns and cities outside of London. The National Infrastructure Commission estimated that creating these transport links and supporting the area between Oxford and Cambridge was worth nearly £80bn extra each year for the British economy.
About East West Railway Company
East West Railway Company was set up by the Secretary of State for Transport in 2017 to develop a railway with customers and communities at its core.
- Between Oxford, Bedford and Milton Keynes, our role is to oversee the work already underway
- Between Bedford and Cambridge, we are taking the project through the development of the railway
- We’ll also be integrating the two sides of the project to get the best results for all the communities we serve, from Oxford to Cambridge.
We have a mission to innovate and challenge the status-quo in the rail and construction industries, leading to a more efficient and cost-effective project delivery, and a great experience for passengers and the communities we serve.
Our distinctive outlook and commitment to doing the right thing for our customers and local communities runs through everything we do and every decision we make.